Wednesday, September 21, 2005

PAC-Man

Council meeting tonight was actually halfway decent. I think that the Senate Task Force stuff was productive, and I think there were a number of good ideas brought up on both sides in the Physical Activity Complex debate. That being said, I still think that Council tends to get a bit hung up on procedural questions (the whole PoI argument was really unnecessary, particularly since it's unenforceable. The solution needs to be Councillors showing discipline, not people having to resort to points of order "becuase that wasn't a question"). At any rate, it should be interesting to see how it all plays out in a couple of weeks.

I'm looking forward to the debuts of the new Apprentice series. I'm probably not going to keep watching the Martha Stewart one past the first episode, but I've always enjoyed the Trump one (even when it's been rather mediocre).

On the sporting front, none of the games last week went my way. Hopefully this week will be better.

Ottawa and Calgary
I really need to be objective about this one. While there should be no doubt which team I'm pulling for, I can't in good conscience pick the Renegades in this one. Sorry. Calgary it is.

Toronto and Saskatchewan

This should be a pretty good game. Saskatchewan's defence has firmed things up, and their offence isn't making as many mistakes any more. That being said, I think Toronto is still the better team at this point, and that will be shown on Friday.

B.C. and Edmonton

Pity the rest of the country won't be able to witness B.C.'s first loss on television. That's right, in spite of their recent struggles, I'm going with Edmonton. B.C. may be undefeated, but apart from Ottawa they haven't really been blowing teams away. While an undefeated record is still impressive, this isn't a team that has looked unbeatable, and I'm confident that the Esks are going to illustrate that.

Winnipeg and Montreal

Montreal is a really tough team to figure out this year. They almost took B.C. to overtime last week, but they've been beaten by teams like Winnipeg and Ottawa this year. Things are looking rather bleak in Winnipeg as well. I'm going out on a limb and picking Montreal in this one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home