Thursday, September 08, 2005

O

Orientation was great. The presentations seemed to go really well, and the President's Address had what seemed like a bigger than usual turnout. I was a little disappointed with the understaffing issues at the Plant afterwards. This was my 6th year volunteering with Orientation, and it's consistently been one of the more rewarding experiences I've had in University. At the Plant afterwards, I bumped into one of my former delegates from my last year as an OL. I guess he's a 4th year now. Time flies.

In terms of football, it's a short turnaround week, which tends to make for unpredictable results. Nevertheless, here are my thoughts for the week ahead.

B.C. and Ottawa
One of these weeks B.C. has to lose. As well, Ottawa played them fairly closely last time out. That being said, Ottawa is coming off a big loss to Montreal. With that in mind, this prediction may seem foolhardy, but I'm going with Ottawa to keep things interesting in the east.

Calgary and Edmonton
It's a good thing I wasn't watching the game last week, or I would have been getting angry. At least they won. I'm confident of a repeat performance this week. While the lack of killer instinct, and a running game, continues to be disconcerting, I'm confident that Edmonton should come out with a win.

Hamilton and Toronto

Well, my one mistake last week. The Ti-Cats have now won two in a row, and most of the focus in the lead up to this game is on Bashir Levingston's helmet. Nevertheless, this is a game that Toronto should win, so that's what I'm going to go with.

Saskatchewan and Winnipeg
It appears that Marcus Crandell is the latest saviour in Riderland. However, I'd be careful of putting too much stock in one game, particularly given that the Riders did the same thing to Winnipeg with the other guy in. At any rate, I'm going with the same result, as Saskatchewan climbs back into contention in the west.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home