Friday, July 15, 2005

Parting Is Such Sweet Sorrow

Last night I went to former ESS President Angela Thomas' farewell shindig at the Funky Buddha. I hadn't actually been there for about two years, almost exactly, when it was still a Sherlock Holmes. Coincidentally, that time it was another farewell party. I must say, the menu was rather more extensive at the time.

Ang is one of those people I've seen in a bunch of different contexts over the years (In addition to hack-ism, as an OP she presented to my groups two years in a row during Orientation, and Phil was one of Helen's High School cronies so she was also at one of Helen's birthday parties back in the day). I'm sure she'll do quite well in Japan.

At any rate, Jones and I departed early to catch Shakespeare in the Park with William McBeath and former MatE Social Coordinator Sherry. Apparently Sherry had never been to Shakespeare in the Park before. It was a fairly packed house, as we all wound up sitting on the grass for the first half. Wisely, we moved under cover after intermission, so we avoided getting hit with the rain. It was coming down sufficiently hard that they temporarily stopped the play. Luckily they resumed after a short break. I find it's always better watching Shakespeare when you're at least passably familiar with the play, as you tend to miss less. Consequently, I think I got more out of this one than the last one given that I'd read it in grade 10. I saw a couple of my classmates there during intermission as well, so that was nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home