Thursday, July 14, 2005

So Much To Say, Here's Football

Lots of stuff to talk about, but it will have to wait until I have more time. For now, it's good to have hockey back. Here's this week's football picks.

Edmonton and Winnipeg
Winnipeg may well be the worst team in the league. Couple that with the fact that the Eskimos probably should have won last week, and almost did in spite of playing rather poorly, and this should be a blowout. While I am a tad worried about facing Keith Stokes on special teams, I'm confident that those problems have since been ironed out. Edmonton will win this one, and it shouldn't be close.

Toronto and B.C.
While I'm well aware of what happened last time these teams played, I'm going to go with my previous pick here. Toronto almost beat them last time, and probably would have but for a few dropped balls. That being said, by all accounts the Argos should have lost last week. Nevertheless, I'm going to go with Toronto.

Calgary and Ottawa
After the first week, Ottawa's actually looked o.k. They beat Montreal and were reasonably close to B.C. Calgary is coming off a win, but that was against Winnipeg. I'm going to gamble and go with Ottawa for this one.

Hamilton and Saskatchewan
The third repeat match-up this week, the CFL really needs to do something about it's scheduling. With the season this young we shouldn't be seeing so many repeats already. Saskatchewan is yet another team that probably should have won last week. While not as bad as Winnipeg, Hamilton hasn't looked particularly good so far this season. Saskatchewan won last time, I don't see anything that would make the result different this time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home