Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Return Of The King

Much to my shock and amazement, Ricky Ray has come back. This is big for the Eskimos, who arguably have their best depth at quarterback since 1987 (Matt Dunigan, Damon Allen, Tracy Ham). It should be interesting how it all shakes out as well. The possibility of a trade is also enticing (It would probably be too much to ask for Maas to head to Toronto in exchange for John Avery, or to Calgary for John Grace, but one can always hope). I'm quite excited for this year, regardless. One could also make the case that the league as a whole has its best crop of starting quarterbacks since the beginning of the 1996 season (before Dunigan got hurt). I'm also predicting that at this stage we see a Western Crossover, as the west is just too deep this year. This certainly takes some of the sting out of losing Terry Vaughn!

2 Comments:

Blogger Lana said...

I'm still hurting from losing John Avery, but Ricky Ray will do for now.

12:13 a.m.  
Blogger Kyle said...

I too miss Avery. I'm hopeful some of the new folks can step up. Though, I doubt that they'll have Avery's charisma, which was almost Giz-like.

12:38 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home