Thursday, April 21, 2005

Habemus Papam

Well, looks like we have a new Pope. I'm actually not Catholic, but I did go to Catholic School and I did enjoy all of the pomp and circumstance. And the Latin. Can't forget the Latin. Should be interesting how things all work out. I went to St. Benedict's elementary, so the choice in name of the new Pope is kind of cool on those grounds. I'm interested to see if he takes a major a role in international affairs as his predecessor did.

On Survivor, I think the prudent thing would have been for Tom and Ian to cut Gregg loose the other night. It's clear that there's eventually going to be a conflict between those factions of the alliance, so it would have made more sense to take out Gregg then (as apparently Tom and Ian were wary of getting rid of Stephenie, and it seemed to be Gregg and Jenn that were bent on getting rid of her).

I missed the tail end of The Apprentice, as my VCR timer wasn't working, but it was pretty clear which way it was going by that point. I think this is the weakest final 4 they've had yet. As well, it's sort of interesting that this is the first time that when it's been 3-2, the 2 has lost. I'm also looking forward to the fact that I should be done by the time the final episode airs.

I'm hoping that any election call doesn't jeopardise the Queen's visit. I'd be rather cross if we didn't get a Royal visit for the centennial basically due to the sponsorship scandal (it would mean another election however, so I suppose that there's good and bad in everything).

1 Comments:

Blogger "Steve Smith" said...

On Survivor, I think it's doubtful as to whether Tom and Ian could have gotten the votes to jettison Gregg, and even attempting to do so would be enormously risky. Much as Stephenie deserves to be there, I think they made the right choice in deciding to vote her out.

9:05 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home