Monday, March 14, 2005

Hurry Hard

Went to Iron Ring after party last night. Fun times. There I was able to see that Mini-Gary has a Mini-iPod. I found that rather amusing. I sort of wish that Law had similar traditions and ceremonies surrounding it. I'd be all about a "Law Ring".

After the party, swung by Scholar's (Josh had mentioned that he was going to be there, so I thought I should drop by), where unsurprisingly I bumped into a number of Law folks. Pity that the Power Plant wasn't able to attract the same loyalty of clientele.

In terms of reality television, I'm really enjoying this season of Survivor thus far. Though, I must admit I'm much more familiar with the tribe that keeps losing ( mostly because they tend to focus on whoever loses in the lead up to tribal council).

I was quite pleased with The Apprentice this past week. I've disliked John from the start, so seeing him get fired was great. That being said, watching he and Chris in the boardroom was like watching a couple of bad ESL teams fight for the 4th in a bin round at Worlds (and the only people that likely get that analogy likely don't watch The Apprentice. It's apt though, trust me). I'm thinking Magna has the momentum at this stage, as they seem to be meshing together fairly well. Though, these things are always subject to change. Also, I've yet to see anything to change my initial opinion that the calibre of contestants on this version of the show is on par with previous versions.

I'm really enjoying The Contender so far (though, the challenge last week struck me as too survivor-esque). It really is a good human drama. The one thing with all the upsets they've been getting is it may mean less quality matches in the second round. Definitely looking forward to the next go round though.

Good to see Alberta win the Brier. Though, unfortunate that it's been in Edmonton twice since I've been in University and I haven't even gone to the Brier Patch either time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home