Thursday, February 24, 2005

A Quarter Century of Mediocrity

Well, today is my birthday. I'm still recovering from the after effects of my party last night (not sure that attempting to burn most of one's bridges is the best way to start a new year). That, and Macho Man really isn't a very good song (though I suppose even it doesn't deserve the indignity committed on it last night by drunken karaoke revellers). As well, who the hell complains about noise in Keegan's at 4 am?

Birthdays are kind of a melancholy time. It's usually an exciting day (and stressful in the sense that you don't want anything to go wrong), but the whole getting older thing is usually rough. As well, most of the birthdays I have left aren't really "positive milestone" ones. I'm not at the stage where I think I should be lying about my age or anything. Yet.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy belated, kyle. don't sweat the age issue; once you finish school and get a job everyone will be older than you anyways. oh, and feel free to lie about your age -- on any given day i can be 20 to 28. kail

8:09 a.m.  
Blogger Catrin said...

Oh god, yes, Macho Man. I forgot about that...oh my. And Roman's rendition of Like A Virgin ("who of you motherfuckers ordered that for me...I'm serious..."). Oh the joy. As for getting older: When I was 22, I was mistaken for 17 and for 28 all in the same week. It's just a number. And I am only 11 months younger than you are. So relax.

1:14 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home