Thursday, February 10, 2005

Relentless Pursuit Of Perfection

So, what have I been up to lately.

Car Show:
There are some things that are just wrong. A Jaguar with a bike rack for example. Apart from that, I quite enjoyed the car show. Lots of fun picking up brochures and oggling at various expensive cars. While there were a number of impressive cars, my personal favourite, expensive-vehicle-at-the-show was the Lexus SC 430.

Career Day:
I enjoyed it. I liked the lunch. However, it ran a bit late and as we had to leave for McGoun there wasn't as much time to hit booths as I would have liked. Said hello to a few of the firms that I had interviews with before, and got some free stuff.

McGoun:
We dropped in quarters. I didn't debate as well as I may have liked, but Roman was able to carry me into the break at least. It was quite the adventure getting down, and we almost wound up having to have a make-up round Saturday morning (which would have sucked), but luckily we were able to fit it in with no alterations to the schedule. Lots of merriment was also had.

The Apprentice:
I'm still figuring this season out. The contestants are a lot more abrasive this time around. In terms of recent episodes, I don't think that Danny even belonged on the show in the first place, and was more of a ratings ploy, so I wasn't too suprised to see him go. That being said, I got the sense that Trump was just itching to fire Michael, so if they lose again next week I wouldn't be suprised to see him gone. Magna Corp (tangentially, I wonder what Frank Stronach has to say about all this) strikes me as lacking in unity, though its suprising how these things change from week to week.

Superbowl:
Caught the end when I got home from McGoun. I was pulling against the Patriots (as always) so I wasn't too pleased with the result. I can take solace in the fact that the loss of Charlie Weis and Romeo Crennel to Notre Dame and the Browns, respectively, will actually hurt them and we won't have to listen to this "greatest team ever" talk this time next year.

Rugby Tour:
We leave tommorrow morning. What goes on tour stays on tour.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home