Thursday, January 20, 2005

The China Clipper

Roads were very treacherous today. Luckily I was on the highway before they closed it (but I wound up driving home at 60 km/h most of the way). My sisters on the other hand got stuck in the city. Hopefully the roads will be a bit better tommorrow morning.

The appointment of Normie Kwong as Lieutenant Governor just further emphasizes the extent to which the 50's era Eskimos have influenced the province: Mayor of Edmonton (Bill Smith), Premier of Alberta (Don Getty. Peter Lougheed also played for the Eskimos, but pre-dated most of the others) and now Normie Kwong. Really impressive. Apart from the Forzani's, you don't really see the same type of thing with the Stamps. I wonder why? ;)

On the topic of football, I'm not sure about R.D. Lancaster as the new offensive co-ordinator. I didn't find Winnipeg's offence last year to be particularly explosive, despite the fact that they had dynamic players in Milt Stegall and Charles Roberts. In terms of poaching assistants, it might have made more sense to go after Steve Burratto (like Calgary did), or perhaps Marcel Beufeuille in Saskatchewan (who was apparently shortlisted for the head coaching job). At any rate, I will reserve judgment. It should be a really interesting year, particularly with Tom Higgins in Calgary now.

On an unrelated note, I have some fun classmates.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

where are you? i miss my apprentice commentary!!!!!!!!!
~Janet

4:36 p.m.  
Blogger Kyle said...

I'm still here. Commentaries will be forth-coming.

1:56 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home