Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Do Not Enter Your Name On The Sheet

Alright, I've been gone for a while. I'm starting to get the sense that I'm getting too old for the sleep deprivation, food deprivation and overall mental anguish that exam season entails. Scary that for 5 exams that could amount fo 50% of my mark for this year I probably got a total of 6 hours of sleep. At any rate, I wrote my last exam today. It was pretty cool in that the fact scenario was based on The Apprentice.

Speaking of which, what the hell was that last episode? Ask the audience? I'm going to ask the people that I've already fired who they think I should hire? The episode was going well up till that point, but the part that was the climax of last season's final episode was when it all went down hill for me (part of it may be because I've never particularly cared for Regis). Additionally, while I predicted a while ago that I thought Kelly would win, I was pulling for Jennifer (gotta pull for the lawyer) so it was a bit of a downer in that sense. I think Trump placed a bit too much emphasis on the team winning record, given that theoretically one could be useless and get pulled along by a good time, while someone else could be a strong candidate pulled down by weak teammates (though I don't think that was the case here). At any rate, on the whole I think the candidates this time around were not as good. The challenges may also have been tougher. As well, I think there's a tendency over the course of a reality show's lifetime for the quality of contestants to decline as you get more people wanting to be on the show in the interest of being famous, as opposed to winning whatever the prize is. At any rate, I still thoroughly enjoyed this season and am eagerly anticipating the next one (I shall be cheering for the College Educated team).

Having a Study Group Reunion with some of my first year cronies (Kathleen, Jen, Roman and Harlow) at lunch tommorrow, then the last leg of Roman's birthday festivities (he shouldn't really be calling them a Triumvirate, for reasons which should be clear to anyone with familiarity as to the etymology of the word).

1 Comments:

Blogger Kyle said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:43 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home