Friday, November 05, 2004

Why Do You Hate Democracy?

Went to an Candidate's Forum today. It wasn't too much effort, as I had a class in that room right afterwards, so I just went in early. It was, oddly enough, put on by both the Legal Activist Collective and Democracy Now!. A girl from my highschool was running for the Social Credit Party, so that was kind of cool. My personal highlight was when one of my classmates asked Larry Booi why he hated democracy.

In terms of The Apprentice this evening, if Raj had brought Chris into the Boardroom he'd still be on the show. Trump definitely had that "I'll show you, I'll fire you because I can" look in his eye that he had when he fired Bradford, so Raj could have dodged a bullet by bringing him in (as well, as evidenced by the comments, Trump also blamed him for not bringing him in). Additionally, with Ivana, if you bring someone into the boardroom, you have to be able to answer the question when they ask "Why are they here?". Realistically, he wasn't going to win anyways, but he was an entertaining character. As well, while I'm not normally one to level this charge, I think the bringing back of the fired people for this episode only was clearly a ratings-based move.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home