Monday, October 25, 2004

Defend The Turf

Well, went to a suprise party for a classmate on Friday. Quite fun. It's always nice hanging out with Law people in a non-law setting (which of course doesn't mean that we don't just talk about law stuff anyways, but you get the idea). It was held in the party room of Windsor Park Plaza, which is really quite nice. It also brought back memories of our "section party" after midterms last year which was held in the same location. Afterwards some of us headed off to Scholar's, where we stayed until they turned on the lights.

In terms of the Eskimos, I thought they played well enough to win today, and quite frankly that's good enough for me. 33 straight years is incredible, and I'm sure there's been a few lucky breaks along the way, so I'm certainly not complaining. I do think that they should have at least tried to get Pringle his touchdown in one of the two situations where they had a first and goal from the one. I mean, that close, even if he gets stuffed after a couple tries you can still have Maas do the quarterback sneak. Anyways, I'm cautiously optimistic heading into the playoffs. A lot will depend on where the semi final ends up getting played as well. More than anything, I'm thankful that they got in this week. Having to depend on Calgary to get into the playoffs would have been sad. As well, on a selfish note, I don't think I could ever cheer for Calgary (I didn't watch the 95 Grey Cup, as it would have involved cheering for one of Calgary or the "American team").

On another note, apparently I now owe Vanessa Thomas $5.00, having bet her that Wellington would beat Canterbury (whose website appears to be down) in the NPC final. I was wrong. Pity.

And I'm looking forward to a potential writ drop tommorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home