Friday, October 01, 2004

Down By The Bay

Got up at 5:00am to go down to Calgary for the interviews with a couple of law firms. I'd never done a firm interview before, so it was definitely a learning experience. During one of the breaks between interviews, I liased with UCSDS President Deborah Book. It sounds like things with their club are going fairly well at this stage of the year, so hopefully they can have a big contingent out at Hugill and Nats. After the interviews were done, there was a short wine and cheese, and we picked up some Firm Swag (I got a CD holder and a highlighter). The ride back was fairly uneventful, but we did stop at the Donut Mill in Red Deer, which does have nice donuts.

For Survivor tonight, I get the sense that they keep having to include these twists to keep it fresh (watch, they aren't going to merge now, as a gotcha). I kind of like the whole give your immunity to someone in the other tribe thing, however, as it sort of ads a bit. I never did figure out who J.P. was, but I think the decision to get rid of Mia was a good one (she was the type of character I always hate, and I think Twila is much more interesting, in a Sue sort of way, anyways).

In terms of The Apprentice, I like that Bill said what I've been thinking for a couple of weeks with regards to the stupidity of trying to use alliances on the show. As well, I think Jen tried to play the "She's crazy, so you should fire her instead" card one too many times. Like Trump said, this was an easy one.

Oh, and congratulations to the folks over at DJSR. I almost choked on my cereal this morning when I read the article. I'm very much looking forward to seeing how this all plays out over the next few days.

1 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Twila will be interesting like Sue if she starts trying to vote off "Souna". And who was it who voted for "Royry"?

11:33 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home