Friday, September 03, 2004

Mama Cooked A Breakfast With No Hog

Well, the Black Dog was quite fun last night. Pretty good turn out as well. I'd never been to the basement of the Black Dog before, but it was quite cozy. There's a big screen tv there, and the music was quite a good mix of early 90's Gangsta Rap (I don't think I'd heard New Jack Hustler since highschool). I also got to chat with Gateway EIC Adam Rozenhart about the state of his publication. Roman also dropped by for a bit.

Today, I was supposed to have a live draft for this NFL fantasy football league on Yahoo! (that's right, they don't get a link) with some people from Cusid. I'm not really much of an NFL fan (I prefer the Canadian variety), but this was sort of something to do. The chatroom never popped up though, so the draft couldn't be held. Another way will need to be found to hold the draft. Stupid yahoo. I also missed the first part of Friday Night Football because of this. Good game. I felt bad for Ottawa at the end, though I suppose one of the reasons why Montreal is the best is their ability to make the key, game-deciding plays when it counts. A better call on the third and goal from the 3 in the first quarter from Ottawa, and it might have been a different game too.

On the sporting front, I'm rather interested to see the fallout from the retirement of Lawrence Dallaglio and resignation of Sir Clive Woodward. On the one hand, it weakens English Rugby (which is a good thing). At the same time, though, it sort of provides the Poms with a convenient excuse when they get thrashed by the Southern Hemisphere this November. Oh well.

Orientation training starts tommorrow, bright and early. I'm quite excited. Hopefully the weather improves for the actual Orientation (I feel sorry for any OLs leading a tour in this rain). Should be a good weekend, at any rate.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you doing anything for Orientation?

- Mustafa

3:01 a.m.  
Blogger Kyle said...

I was a Transfer Presenter, and was also featured in the Academic Presentation video (The Undergraduate).

1:38 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home