Wednesday, August 25, 2004

More Coffey Than Bourque

Well, last council meeting tonight. It wasn't my best meeting, but probably wasn't my worst either. Not alot of memorable stuff happened. I don't think I'll have as much difficulty moving on as I did the last time it was my last council meeting (When I thought I may also be leaving the University).

Vanessa also brought me a tape of the New Zealand-England Test from Dunedin this year, which I'm definitely looking forward to watching when I get a chance. (Plus, might be nice to see New Zealand win for a change. Sigh, I suppose there's hope for the Northern Hemisphere Tours). In related news, I'm glad that the Springboks won the Tri-Nations. In addition to the fact that I far prefer them to the Wallabies; out of the 3 Southern Hemisphere superpowers, they clearly had the worst year last year, so they probably needed it more.

After the meeting was over, we watched An Ideal Husband. I'd probably know what it was about had I actually paid attention to the movie (apart from the House of Commons scene, and the part at the beginning where the guy says "Perhaps you forget that you are talking to an English Gentleman"). Instead, I talked hockey and hack with Steve and Gary. We're in agreement that both the Mironov and Carson trades were good (the one that sent Carson to Detroit, not the one that sent him to Edmonton). Line of the conversation was probably Steve saying "No Kyle, we didn't have Kurri in '89, we traded him to L.A. the year before for Jimmy Carson, a bunch of draft picks and $18 million" (I'm elaborating slightly, Steve didn't mention the $18 million). There was also pizza. Apparently Council (or what was left of it) shares my taste in pizza, as the cheese one seemed to be the most popular. Can't go wrong with cheese pizza.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home