Monday, September 27, 2004

Think Of The Children

Eventful weekend, and a busy week ahead.

Moot went alright. I wasn't as organised as I might have liked to have been, but I think I was at least composed through most of it. At any rate, it went better than my first year moot did (which admittedly isn't saying much).

Rugby was fun. I hadn't played a full game before, so it was a good experience. My delivery wasn't as good as I would have liked, but on the whole I think this helped refresh me on what was supposed to be going on and when. I got a bit dinged up, but after a diagnosis from my sister today I was assured that I'm fine.

Volunteer party was ok. I think the problem with having it so early is, some people can't make it that early so don't bother, and other people just go for the volunteer stuff than go and do other things. Hence why things cleared out so early. I had fun nonetheless, kicking it with the SL crew. My knee was sore, however, so I wasn't able to dance as much as I might have liked (I did manage to make it onto the dance floor for "Home For A Rest" and "Jump Around" though). After the party, I hit Keegan's with a number of other Volunteer types (and the OVC). Good breakfast.

Lois Hole went ok. Got a chance to chat with a few of the new debaters this year before the judges briefing. It looks like we've got a good crop. Also saw Mini-Gary out to judge (apparently he bumped into Jones in RATT the day before).

In light of my late night the previous evening, I was pretty exhausted by the end of the tournament. Nevertheless, I made it out to the football game. See the annoying thing when they play bad at home is that I can't change the channel on them. As well, with the Riders winning today, I'm a little concerned about our playoff positioning. At least Winnipeg lost.

Next Saturday, I'm running a debate tournament (just a one-day Pro-Am deal, but still fairly intensive). As well, I've got to go down to Calgary on Thursday for a couple of interviews, so I'll be missing a bit of school as well. Luckily, I'm not on Council anymore. Suckers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home