Thursday, September 16, 2004

Left Wing Lockout

First debate meeting yesterday. I think it went ok. Lots of new people, so hopefully we can hang onto them.

I think I've also finally sorted my schedule out. I squeaked into Bankruptcy when I noticed that there was an opening, only to find out that they opened up an additional 5 spots (again) about half an hour later. Oh well. Should be good times. I've got a fairly diverse schedule this semester, but my final schedule is fairly reasonable.

Second Rugby practice today. There will probably be a few more people as well, as this one's after the Club's Fair.

As for my thoughts on the lockout, I'm obviously disappointed with not being able to watch first-class hockey this year. As well, I'm worried about never getting to see certain players again (never did get around to watching Mario live). That being said, depending on the settlement, it may be worth it in the long run. I'm one of these fans willing to sacrifice a couple of years of not having hockey if it can mean that the Oilers can be viable and competitive in the long term. Besides, if it means just not watching some other sun belt team win the Stanley Cup, that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make. As well, depending on what the ticket prices look like, I may check out a Roadrunners game this year. Still is rather disappointing that there's likely not going to be any hockey this year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home