Friday, September 24, 2004

Baffin Island

As mentioned, Friday is going to be hella crazy. Mooting, following by Rugby and Volunteer Partying. Saw a speech by Preston Manning today, put on by Democracy Now. Good speech, though I almost had to laugh when he was saying things like "People don't get excited about things like structural reform of government". I also had the pleasure of taking in the event with the Greatest SU President in at least the last 7 years (and I say that with all due respect to a certain UADS Alumna and almost classmate of mine). Jones was also there. Good times, though they ran out of pizza and a I didn't get a seat. My personal highlight:

Preston: When we will get Senate reform is when there's a constitutional amendment that Quebec and Ontario want, and they need us to sign on.
Me (to Chalk): Isn't that what Meech was?
Chalk: Tsk.

Speaking of Preston, apparently my former DIE Board fellow Tribune William McBeath has joined the blogging world. Oooh, look at that, I scooped Steve Smith. Eat it Smith!

I misplaced my cleats before Rugby practice today, so I had to go it in my regular shoes, which definitely made for less traction. I think I know where I left them, so hopefully I can track them down in time for the intersquad scrimmage.

In terms of The Apprentice tonight, I'm not sure if it's that the tasks are more complicated this or that this crew is demonstrably less competent than the intial ones. Stacie may have deserved it, but not as much as Maria and Ivana (oh, and Andy, who my debating peeps inform me is actually just a highschool debater, and therefore less cool than were he a university debater, is damn lucky that Apex went over budget). As well, I get the sense that Apex thinks that they're actually contestants on Survivor, which isn't going to get them very far (speaking of which, the episode today was ok, though I'm still having trouble keeping track of everyone's names). The whole appeal of The Apprentice (at least for me) has been that weasels and freeloaders generally get their comeupponce. While we have seen verbal bitchslappings in the Boardroom by The Donald and friends, there's still a lot of people that I think need to get fired.

2 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

I think that Mark Burnett should have a cross-over with his shows. Then Mr. Trump can fire Eliza. Can't stand her. I only taped The Apprentice, but I already know who got fired. 'Bout time!

11:49 p.m.  
Blogger "Steve Smith" said...

You only scooped me because I'm punishing MacBeath for not returning Catherine's e-mails when we needed DIE Board members for the Tribune Selection Committee. So there.

Also: there are at least four completely interchangeable females and three completely interchangeable males on Survivor. Your confusion is excused.

Also: Chalk is, without question, the most overrated S.U. President of the last seven years. Unless it's Church.

3:53 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home