Monday, November 15, 2004

Since 1983

It's been a while. Quite busy, particularly with Hugill this weekend (I didn't even make it home Saturday night, and instead crashed at a friend's house so that I could get an extra few minutes of sleep).

I thougth I'd commen on the Grey Cup. Probably the worst case scenario for the organisers. They could have had Montreal-Saskatchewan (with the close location to Ottawa, Montreal fans would all come out. And Rider fans always make it out for the Grey Cup when their team is there). Instead, they got B.C.-Toronto (while things have improved greatly in both cities, I think it's fair to characterise them as the two cities with the most apathetic fans). Should be a good game, however.

Lots of interesting storylines as well. Damon Allen against his most recent former team, the whole issue of whether Printers will be healthy or not by game time, whether Dickenson should start anyways, etc.

It's always interesting as well to decide who to pull for when Edmonton isn't there. At this stage, I think I'll be pulling for the Argos. While I think Casey Printers in amazing, and Carl Kidd is the best quote in the league, I've never been a fan of Wally Buono or Dave Dickensen (for reasons which should be reasonably obvious). As well, I've learned to never discount Damon Allen in a Grey Cup game.

Anyways, assuming I have time (which is a rather large assumption) I'll try and post a thorough analysis of how it will all shake down before the game.

1 Comments:

Blogger "Steve Smith" said...

Generally, I cheer for whichever team I think has the most deserving fans, which means that after the Esks are out I'm a Riders' fan. If they're out too, I'll go to Winnipeg or Montreal or Hamilton. After that point it gets tough, unless Calgary's involved, in which case I'll cheer for anybody else.

In this case I'm probably pulling for the Argos on the strength of Allen alone.

1:12 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home