Monday, December 13, 2004

You Don't Have It In You

Well, while I've been critical of it all season, I think the last episode of Survivor was quite good. Particularly I found the final Tribal Council to be the best that they've had in a while. I was sort of pulling for Chris, given how he overcame what looked like near-insurmountable odds. At the same time, I found Twila quite endearing, so this was a situation where I would have been happy with the result regardless.

The next season should be interesting as well. It looks like they're expanding it to 20, and they implied that lots of the rules will be changing. I'm not sure how I feel about that. While I recognise that certain elements of the show are no longer quite as fresh as they once were, and that contestants are coming in with 9 seasons worth of examples to model their strategies on, it seems to me whenever they've deviated from the usual rules on Survivor it's been rather lame. That being said, I'm confident if the game is different from the outset it may be better. Most of my problems with innovation in the game have been due to the fact that a number of the innovations have been introduced as a "gotcha" in mid-game. As long as they aren't changing the rules in the middle of the game, things should be alright.

3 Comments:

Blogger "Steve Smith" said...

I predict that there will be four tribes of five, which might actually work pretty well, depending on how they manage it. I do have some concerns that I never seem to manage to "get to know" more than about twelve people per season, so they're just expanding the number of filler characters from four to six to eight.

5:25 p.m.  
Blogger Heather said...

I don't much care for change. 16!!

12:51 p.m.  
Blogger Kyle said...

And they say you're related ;)

I'm generally not one for change either.

9:55 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home