Thursday, February 17, 2005

It Wasn't The Flu This Time

Well, the NHL season is over. I sort of expected this, but it's still rather hard to swallow. That being said, if it results in a more sustainable system it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make. I was still hopeful they'd get back (I was even a little excited about the 20 game season and the "everyone in" playoffs). I am glad that the owners didn't wind up caving, though it is sort of frustrating that both sides wound up getting so close at the end. What I think is going to be interesting (and what Don Cherry brought up with Peter Mansbridge on The National) is how are they going to do the draft? In other words, who is going to win the Sidney Crosby sweepstakes? Should be interesting. Hopefully there will be a season next year.

In football news, it's unfortunate that Mike Pringle retired, but I sort of saw it coming. I'm glad to say that I saw his last game live. It's also good to hear that Rod Connop and Willie Pless will be going to the Hall of Fame. This likely means that they should also be putting Connop on the Wall of Honour shortly. I think, along with Larry Wruck, he's one of the more notable omissions out of the Eskimos of that era (though, it's certainly understandable given how limited amount of space and the history of success of the team).

Carbolic tommorrow night. Should be fun, though apparently my 9:00am Admin class on Friday is no longer cancelled. I should probably go, but if I do it will be with about 2 hours sleep. And I've got Pac Cup this weekend as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home