Friday, February 25, 2005

If You Have A Problem, And No One Else Can Help

Well, I've finally recovered from Wednesday night. It's generally a good idea to not go drinking the night before your birthday, lest you spend most of your birthday in a rather rough condition. That lesson having been learned, the day was still fairly good. Got to go for dinner at the best restaurant in Edmonton, so that's always a plus. I also received from my sisters the complete first season of The A-Team on DVD. Sheer awesomeness. I always liked B.A. best when I was younger, however when the series was on what was then TNN a couple of summers ago, I found I was all about Hannibal. At any rate, unlike some TV shows in the '80s that I thought were really good at the time (*cough*Knight Rider*cough*) and turned out to be less so looking back, The A-Team is still just as good as enjoyable as it was then, if not moreso. This is likely due to the fact that Mr. T and George Peppard didn't turn out to be David Hasselhoff and Feeney from Boy Meets World.

In sporting news, I'm quite pleased with the developments on the trading deadline in the NBA. I'm confident that the addition of Chris Webber could definitely help the Sixers, and hopefully they should at least be able to win the Atlantic now.

In football, I never particularly cared for Henry Burris at the best of times, so having him in Calgary just makes it easier to pull against him. It should be interesting watching the reception he gets in Regina when the Stamps play the Riders. Things should also be quite interesting in the west next season, what with Calgary now having landed both Burris and Jermaine Copeland. Luckily they still don't really have a running game to speak of at this stage. I'm also interested in where Khari Jones winds up. He's too good to just pack it in, however he may have to accept a back up role somewhere.

I'm also glad that the Super 12 is starting up again, though Sportsnet doesn't seem to be broadcasting games this year, so that's a shame. I shall of course be pulling for the Hurricanes, with all other New Zealand teams, and the Stormers, as the fall back choices. Realistically, it's anyone but the Aussies.

7 Comments:

Blogger --Chris said...

Now that Boston's got Antoine "8 for 25" Walker back on their roster (does *anyone* understand Danny Ainge?), I'd say that the Sixers are the prohibative favorite to win the Atlantic. Then again, it is Chris "Choke" Webber, so you never know.

10:44 a.m.  
Blogger Kyle said...

As long as he doesn't try and call a non-existent time out at a crucial point in a playoff game ;) Wow, was that really over 10 years ago?

3:17 a.m.  
Blogger Catrin said...

I totally loved the A-Team when I was little! Oh my god! I had daydreams about them coming to my town and taking me along on one of their adventures! And my favourite was Murdoch, the crazy guy. I had a huge crush on him.
We definitely have to do A-team night or something.

2:42 p.m.  
Blogger Kyle said...

For sure. And I didn't know this until recently, but the guy who played Murdoch was also on Star Trek: The Next Generation (which is still better than Boy Meets World).

9:59 p.m.  
Blogger Catrin said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:07 p.m.  
Blogger Catrin said...

Are you serious? On TNG? Which character was he?

7:08 p.m.  
Blogger Kyle said...

Reg Barclay. He hung out in engineering with Geordi. As I recall one episode he got really smart and went crazy. Or something like that. I'm sure someone in my readership will be able to correct me.

1:02 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home