Sunday, March 06, 2005

My Turn To Talk

Well, the election is coming down to the home stretch. I must say, I agree with others that have found it all rather disappointing thus far. Lots of table is SUB have just been sitting empty all week, without even posters on them. I'm hoping for a big show at Myer (which I shall have to miss the end of given that I have a class at 1:00). As well, the Plant is always enjoyable on Thursday night. Have the Rugby Formal on Wednesday night as well, so it looks like yet another week where not a lot is going to get done.

While I'm already watching too much reality tv (with Rob and Amber on The Amazing Race I've been catching that too) I'm sort of looking forward to the premiere of The Contender. Mark Burnett can usually be trusted to produce quality reality television, and the boxing segments should be fairly entertaining as well.

On Survivor lately, I've been rather amazed at how one team can be unstoppable when it comes to reward challenges, but at the same time utterly useless when immunity is on the line. Very strange. As well, given that Kim is still there there should still be tension in Ulong next week.

On The Apprentice, while I felt sorry for Audrey, realistically when your entire team loses confidence in you, you're pretty much gone. I was glad that John's stock fell a little bit, as he's sort of bothered me from the beginning, and he was also one of the standouts. At this point, I think Alex is probably one of the contenders as he hasn't really made too many bad mistakes yet. I do find this season that there aren't as many people to pull for, and more that you want to pull against.

It's good to see that the Eskimos have started to make some good signings (though, I remain somewhat skeptical as to how well Davis Sanchez and Ed Hervey will actually get along, though they're on opposite sides of the ball so it shouldn't matter too much). We are looking a tad thin at quarterback, however (with Bart Hendricks expected to leave, if Maas goes down we're left with Jason Johnston. And he's still rather green). It's also rather interesting that Crandell is probably going to Saskatchewan, given how much he enjoyed backing up Nealon Greene last time around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home