Friday, April 29, 2005

Vaughn Gone

I'm less than pleased with the Terry Vaughn deal. Given that Kelly Wiltshire was signed in the offseason, it's unclear to me that William Loftus actually fills a need. Furthermore, it was Terry Vaughn! At the very least, I'm not sure why we had to send Montreal a draft pick in addition to our best receiver. If they're trying to get younger, they shouldn't have traded for Joe Montford. It's probably a salary dump, though I would think that there may have been other areas that they could have cut. A lot has been made of the fact that Vaughn only caught 2 touchdown passes last year, but he still had over 1,000 yards receiving. Mitchell caught a lot of touchdown passes, but didn't have near Vaughn's yardage, so I think it all balances out. In any event, games against Montreal just got a lot more interesting.

2 Comments:

Blogger Miss Thomas said...

Mr Wilkinson will not be coming to Edmonton. How expected. Still, I'm a little upset that I won't get to boo him, and bring a "Wilkinson is a wanker" sign.

Hope you're doing swell.

Vanessa

8:56 p.m.  
Blogger Kyle said...

I too noticed Mr. Wilkinson's absense. Pity. I suppose we can still heckle Phil Vickery, but that just won't be the same.

1:14 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home