Sunday, April 24, 2005

Where A Kid Can Be A Kid

Well, exited my study cave this evening to take in a movie. Went to Chuck E. Cheese's with Roman, Jones and Uncharted. Fun times (though, I should have started out with the soccer game instead of the bowling game). Roman did fairly well at the bowling. Last time I was there I had a wine, but for the amount you get it really isn't worth it.

We went to see National Treasure at the Cheap Theatres. It actually wasn't half bad. I particularly enjoyed it as there were lots of scenes in Philadelphia. Though, as I pointed out at the time, I think the movie underestimated the distance between Independence Hall, Reading Terminal Market and City Hall. It was also pretty cool as it was just about a year ago exactly that I was in Philadelphia. At any rate, in terms of the actual movie, I was suprised at how many high powered actors were in it (ok, maybe just Christopher Plummer and Jon Voight).

NBA playoffs has a number of interesting match-ups. There's Larry Brown coaching against his old team, as well as the two "Michael Jordan Franchises" facing off. Interesting question as to which M.J. himself would be cheering for, given how he departed both of them (though, the Washington departure was far more acrimonious). Given that I'm all about A.I. (I wear his shoes) I'm pulling for the Sixers, however after they're inevitably eliminated I'll be cheering for the Heat. Dwayne Wade is the man, and that compensates for the fact that their mascot appears to be rather lame.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home