Monday, May 23, 2005

Wedding Season

Went to my cousin's wedding in lovely Dauphin, Manitoba. It was a long drive out (we left Edmonton at about 5:00 pm, and rolled into Dauphin around 5:00 am, Manitoba time). The lack of late-night gas stations (and gas stations in general) in Saskatchewan makes that sort of an all-night trip more difficult than it really needs to be.

The wedding was quite nice. Unfortunately the weather was similar to how it is here, so they were unable to go with the original plan of holding it outside. It wound up being held in the same hall as the reception (which is apparently the former city hall), so it was still nice. My cousin is the first one of our generation on that side of the family to get married, and it had been a while since we've had a family wedding, so all that combined to make it quite an event. It also made me feel rather old, but there isn't much that doesn't do that these days.

The amount of logistics that must go into planning and organising a wedding is just astounding. For better or worse, it's something that I'm not going to have to be worrying about for quite some time.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You had to go to Dauphin!?! Hahahahahahaha!!!! *ahem* I mean, I hope you had a fabulous time in good ol' Manitoba. I probably flew over you at some point or another...

--sara

9:18 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home