Monday, July 04, 2005

Hand On The Glock

Jones, Roman and I decided to celebrate the 4th of July by getting our collective blast on. We all got turns on a 357, a 44 revolver, a 9 mm at the shooting gallery at the Mall. I was the first with the 9, so when the guy asked me which one I'd like to shoot I naturally opted for the Glock. I'd never actually shot a gun before, so it was quite an experience. They're quite loud. And it's kind of hard getting the bullets into the clip as well. And your hands get a little dirty after the fact. All in all, it was an interesting experience. The kick on the 44 wasn't that bad either. Next time, we'll have to go for the Desert Eagle.

Not sure how much time I'll have this week, so here are the football picks.

Winnipeg and Calgary
It really pains me to do this, but Winnipeg is really not very good this year. I anticipate Hank to make the same stupid mistakes as last week, and I think Tee Martin will be better this week. That being said, I can't see the Bombers winning this one. Calgary it is. I hope I'm wrong.

Edmonton and Montreal
Every year it's the same thing. Being a realist, I pick Montreal to win, Gary makes fun of me for lacking faith, and then to spite me the Esks win anyways. Well, not this time. Their fold job last week against the Renegades is evidence that the Als are vulnerable, and Edmonton's defence has only given up one offensive touchdown in each game. While I am a tad concerned about the injuries on the offensive line and what it means for facing the Montreal pass rush, I'm confident that I can predict an Edmonton victory.

Ottawa and B.C.

Ottawa got their miracle for the year last week. An Ottawa team hasn't beaten B.C. since they were the Rough Riders. Factor in the time zone change onto the coast, and this one should be a bit of a romp for B.C. That being said, I'm not going to predict a blowout, though I think that B.C. should still come out on top.

Saskatchewan and Toronto
You know, I was going to pick the Argos for this one. But then I just finished watching an interview with Prefontaine and I've changed my mind. This looks to me like a team in turmoil. And while the Roughriders didn't put away Hamilton as decisively as they should have last week, they've looked good in all three phases so far this year. Besides, Damon Allen is due for a bad game. Saskatchewan should win.

Let this also serve as warning to my Calgary readers that I'll be hitting up your city for Stampede this coming weekend, along with some of my classmates. Apparently Shakespeare in the Park has been moved due to flooding this year, so it can't be a complete repeat of last year, but it should be a fun weekend nonetheless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home