Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Stay Classy San Diego

Well, Council on Tuesday was rather unproductive, though it looks like there are some interesting things coming up on the agenda. After the meeting, some of us went to Anchorman. I thought it was pretty good. It's Will Ferrell humour, so it's definitely not highbrow stuff, but definitely a good summer movie.

Tonight I went and played Beach Volleyball for the Orientation team. It was fun times, in spite of the weather looking like it was almost going to be cancelled. I hadn't played volleyball since the end of highschool, so I was a tad rusty but in the end it turned out ok. The only thing was, by the end my forearms were really hurting so bumping was a bit difficult. We lost all our games, but we were close. Kinda sucked losing to the ChemEs (in yet another competition) though.

Former UADS Vice-President, McGoun Champion and current Med Student Lisa Lemieux was on the last team we played. It was kind of cool seeing Lisa again, as I hadn't seen her for about a year. I also learned that apparently July is the month you don't want to end up in the hospital, as that's when all the new residents start ;)

This weekend I've got a family reunion happening. While I'm missing a bunch of social events and what-not, it should be good to get out of town for a bit. As well, this is one of those biannual things, so it should be pretty good on that count too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home