Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Rucked Over

My face got a bit messed up in the Rugby intersquad game. It's starting to heal now, but for the first couple of days it looked like I'd gotten into a fight.

I'm not sure how this edition of The Amazing Race is going to go. For one, watching families fight isn't nearly as entertaining as watching couples fight. As well, it looks like (for the first couple episodes at least) they're just driving around the States. That's not nearly as fun as watching contestants interact with locals in other countries. Regardless, I think it will be hard to top last season. Rob and Amber were arguably more entertaining on The Amazing Race than they were on Survivor (I said arguably), and there were a number of other memorable characters as well (notably Gretchen and Meredith).

I had a long-ish post detailing my activities this past weekend, but it for some reason it didn't publish, and I don't really feel like re-typing it. Suffice to say that I went to a football game with a complete football neophyte, and missed out on debating in the final at Grant Davy's because I didn't guess the right debater.

In regards to Jeremy Roenick's remarks on Sportscentre this evening regarding Canadians giving him a hard time because of his birth certificate, perhaps Canadians are envious of the fact that he has so many more Stanley Cup rings than the majority of them. Oh, wait... (I agree it was much funnier when Patrick Roy said something similar, but that's because he could back it up, and, he's Patrick Roy).

Football:

Toronto and Ottawa
Well, it looks like we're once again getting a western crossover. Ottawa is in freefall, and I don't see it stopping now. Toronto will have Bashir Levingston back, and I'm looking for them to rebound from their loss last week.

Edmonton and Hamilton
There's a bit of a danger of a letdown from last week. However, even if the Esks haven't turned the corner, I think they can still beat Hamilton. There's word that Ed Hervey should be back in the lineup, and that should be enough to push the Esks over the top.

Montreal and Calgary
This should be an interesting one. While Montreal has shown that they can beat up on the Winnipeg's of the world, they haven't been able to dominate good teams in the same way. Calgary has been able to keep pace with Edmonton and Saskatchewan in the race for second thus far. While there will likely be a fair bit made about Jeremaine Copeland facing his old team (again), I think it's getting rather close to midnight for the Stampeders. Montreal should pull this one out.

B.C. and Saskatchewan
It sure was nice seeing B.C. lose last week. Well, guess what, it's going to happen again. I'm looking for the Rider D to get similar pressure on Dickenson to what the Eskimos got. Additionally, it was special teams that killed the Lions last week, I anticipate it being worse with Corey Holmes. Saskatchewan almost beat B.C. last time, but for a few mistakes. This time they'll actually do it.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait...I know you posted this a while ago...but what was the question that lead me to being "the right debater"?

11:57 a.m.  
Blogger Kyle said...

Crossman was thinking of a Cusid debater, and the person who guessed geographically closest would win. I guessed first, and wagering on probabilities, went with Jo Nairn. Tam guessed second, with Erik Eastaugh. Correct answer: Jen Bond (which would have been my guess had I guessed second, but from a strategy point of view it didn't make sense to guess a regional debater first).

1:29 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home