Wednesday, February 22, 2006

I Submit That I Can't Quit You

Carbolic was a lot of fun. Roman managed to get us an ideal table, right up by the screen and the stage, so we could see the speakers and videos quite well. There were some technical difficulties which prevented the showing of the third year video (in which I had a brief, and insignificant cameo). The second year video this year was exceptional, featuring "Brokeback Mooting". Gold, just gold. Right up there with this. As for the evening itself, it was quite enjoyable. Lots of pictures were taken, many of which are probably not entirely fit for public consumption. Apologies will likely be forthcoming to numerous members of the law school community come Monday. We also got little shot glasses commemorating the event, so I thought that was a nice touch. It's sad that this will probably be my last Carbolic. It's one event that I've partaken in every year (which is more than I can say for First Friday Back, or even the Rugby Alumni Game), and I've enjoyed it every time.

In other news, Pac Cup was also a lot of fun. We were at the West Coast Suites, which is where I stayed at my first Pac Cup (back in 2000, with T.J., Samuel and Candace). So that was a nice bit of nostalgia. It was also, by far, the smallest Pac Cup that I can remember, so it had that old-school Cusid West tournament feel to it (also helping was that the rounds on Saturday and Sunday were in Scarfe, like the Saturday rounds of the aforementioned Pac Cup 2000). We ended up dropping in semis. Regardless, it was good to see everyone (second last Cusid West Tournament ever).

On the sporting front, apparently my snarky remarks directed at the American Women's hockey team were perhaps a bit early, given recent results from the Canadian men. I'm a tad worried about Russia tommorrow, but I'm hoping that they'll be able to kick it up a notch.

On the topic of the Davis Sanchez trade, it makes sense to me. With the re-signing of Malcolm Frank, they have too many Cornerbacks (It's no secret that I'm incredibly high on Keyou Craver, and I think that he's definitely ready to start next year). Likewise, with the loss of Rashad Jeanty, they need help on the D-line and Robert Brown is a proven vet. Add in the fact that they haven't re-signed Shannon Garrett, and there's a spot on the roster for Durden. I like the deal, and while there may be some issues with the ratio, I think they've got sufficient Canadian talent elsewhere so that won't be a problem.

1 Comments:

Blogger a blawger said...

Hi,

Are you in law school? It seems like you are, but I can't tell for sure. If so, I can add you to my blogroll if you like.

Cheers,
A

2:46 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home