Thursday, January 26, 2006

What A Rush

Went to a Rush game last weekend. I really enjoyed it. I went with my cousin, who plays lacrosse, so I was in the unfamiliar position of being the guy asking about the rules at a sporting event. I found the game to be really fast paced and think that I could definitely get into the sport. I never did make it out to a Drillers game, but I can imagine that it would have been fairly similar.

That being said, as a bit of an old school sports fan, I found all the extra curricular stuff going on to be a tad unnecessary. While it's a unique and interesting idea to have a house DJ playing music, I'm not sure what I think of the music being played during the game. Likewise, I found the PA Announcer to be somewhat intrusive at times. I recognise the need to build a fan base when one doesn't exist (contrary to the situation with the Esks and Oilers), and perhaps it creates more of a fun atmosphere for fans. That being said, I think that the game is also capable of selling itself. Anyways, I didn't find it quite as bothersome as at Eskimos games, but it was still a bit distracting.

Law Show was really good this year. I was doing operations so I missed the first song and dance, and the intro, but from what I saw it was good. I especially liked the songs this year (the Les Miserables medley in particular), as well as the "Professor Robertson's Neighbourhood Fact Scenario". Much merriment was had afterwards.

Dublin update is still coming, but I felt posting it on Burn's Day wouldn't make much sense.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home