Monday, July 31, 2006

Untimely Meditations

A lot of changes lately. Last night I went to Roman's going-away party. I've known Roman for about 6 years, since he applied to be a judge for Glasgow Worlds and I was head of the selection committee (actually, I was the only person on the selection committee but Kirsten thought that I should have an important title). At any rate, Roman and I have had a number of adventures throughout both undergrad and law school. Here's wishing him good luck in Africa in helping the world and not dying. I'm not sure what the conversion rate for a Delasi is, but hopefully it's somewhere in the neighbourhood of 20 Baht.

To add to the changes, on arriving at Keegan's after the party I was informed that it would be closing, to be replaced with a Chinese Restaurant. This, along with the closing of Scholar's, means that a a couple of places where I spent a great deal of my weekends are no more. It sort of underlines the nature of change that this summer represents. Keegan's was always a great place to go after a night out on Whyte. While the food may not have been necessarily great, it was a good place to sum up the events of the evening and to put off the end of a night that you weren't quite ready to end. Whether it was for the Tummy Teasers or 3 Fluffy Pancakes Keegan's was always a great place to end the night.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reading your post, I can't help but hear some Dylan playing in my mind's ear....

"Come gather 'round people
Wherever you roam
And admit that the waters
Around you have grown
And accept it that soon
You'll be drenched to the bone.
If your time to you
Is worth savin'
Then you better start swimmin'
Or you'll sink like a stone
For the times they are a-changin'...."

9:38 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home