Monday, May 29, 2006

The Pawns Go First

So, I saw X-Men: The Last Stand the other day. Good movie, though I'm not sure what comic book purists would think. Ian McKellan was quite good, but he's shown as of late that he can make the proverbial silk purse out of a sow's ear. Speaking of which, I suppose this was a useful form of penance for my selling out and actually paying admittance to the other movie which he stars in last week (I had intially planned on purchasing tickets for Over the Hedge instead, and then going to the other movie, thereby being able to mock it whilst denying Dan Brown the royalties and box office figures). Hopefully helping to knock Mr. Brown's movie out of the top spot will partially make up for my moment of weakness. Still wouldn't mind seeing Over the Hedge, if for no other reason than to see the vocal talents of Lee and Sean firsthand.

Apologies for the dearth of entries as of late, but for those that haven't noticed, we're in the middle of a Cup Run here. I was down on Whyte for the first time last night. Craziness abounded. Luckily I decided to leave before things turned ugly. Relatedly, in the May 22 issue of Sports Illustrated, they deigned to mention every Semi-Final team, except one (story on Teemu Selanne, with a brief mini-story on the excitement that was to ensue in the Carolina-Buffalo series). They can now stick it.

In other sporting related news, I was able to take in Fan Day with Edmonton's other professional sports franchise today. It was good to get a look at this year's hopefuls. As well, it's pretty tough to beat free pop, chips and pork.

Go Oil.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home