Friday, July 23, 2004

Klondike Days

So, I went to Klondike Days today with my little sister and one of my younger cousins. It was pretty fun. The foodcourt burger I got kinda sucked though. It was cold (as were the fries). I suppose I should have got something to eat out on the grounds instead (those pizza slices they sell looked good, for example). I hope that Northlands decides to keep the Klondike theme. It's a unifying theme which I think is better than no theme. As well, I can't see them coming up with a better them (particularly since some of the justification is to "get younger people involved", meaning we'd probably end up with something along the lines of "Buddy Klondike Mike", to borrow from Kevin Smith, sort of). I'll have to go back, as I didn't get a chance to see the Country Showcase, which is apparently Africa this year (This should do nothing to dispel the notion that Africa is a single country. Sigh).

6 Comments:

Blogger Gary said...

I heard the country was South Africa

9:26 a.m.  
Blogger Kyle said...

Really? Well, I'll definitely have to go back now then.

1:01 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, it's all of Africa. Most countries have their own kiosk in Hall A of the AgriCom.

-Krista

1:17 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Africa display was just no good. There wasn't like any african decorations or anything the hall. Just a bunch of white booths with various products. Nothing very special.

11:02 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm going to have to agree. I waltzed through before my shift. BOOOORING. I was under the impression that more countries were going to be represented.

12:34 a.m.  
Blogger Kyle said...

Apparently there were visa difficulties for the delegations of a number of countries that were supposed to present, so that may have contributed to a "less than good" International Showcase (which is too bad, as that was something that I noticed was absent from the Stampede).

1:24 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home