Tuesday, September 05, 2006

See Trump Jump...

The Shark, that is. Seriously. I was quite excited about this season's Apprentice, until I read this. One could make a pretty convincing argument for Carolyn being the best part of the show. Regardless of what was going on in her other positions, Trump should have at least kept her on for the purpose of doing the show. To top it all off, it looks like Donald Jr. and Ivanka are going to be the first team "advisors". Ivanka's ok, but I didn't find Donald Jr. to be particularly compelling in his appearances last year. Bill would be much better (though, I do occasionally wonder why Bill seems to be the only past contestant to get recycled. Admittedly, Kelly would be pretty boring, but the rest of them may be worth a shot). At any rate, if The Apprentice sucks this year, we'll all know why.

Partook in a BBQ at Gary's on the weekend. Excellent ribs. I also watched Jungle Book for the first time in well over 15 years. There's a lot of parts which I'd forgotten.

On the sporting front, clearly I'm paying only passing attention to what's going on these days, since last week I forgot how many games Montreal had lost in a row.

Anyways, here are my thoughts for this week.

Montreal and B.C. Well, I keep picking Montreal, and they keep losing. Not sure what the solution is, but B.C. seems to be rolling right now. Additionally, with the news that Casey Printer won't be back, the Lions are avoiding a potential distraction. Not sure what the latest on Dickenson's injury is, but Buck Pierce seems to be filling in well. Perhaps the QB factory for the league has moved westwards. As for the game, I'll go with B.C..

Calgary and Edmonton. See above. I toyed with actually picking Calgary to change up the karma a bit, but then I decided that I wouldn't be able to live with myself. If they can't win with a playoff berth basically on the line and 50,000 screaming fans in the stands, then they don't deserve to make the playoffs anyways. Edmonton, coming back with their shields or on them.

Saskatchewan and Winnipeg. I suppose either way this one goes, one of the teams we have to catch (either for 3rd place or the crossover) winds up winning. I didn't get a chance to catch this game at all last week, but Saskatchewan seems to be doing quite well as of late. I'm guessing that the Riders will maintain their momentum for at least another week.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kyle said...

Ha! Joke's on me, B.C. and Montreal aren't even playing this week. For the sake of completeness, I would have picked Toronto to beat Hamilton this week.

5:27 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home