Monday, July 26, 2004

Hear Our Voices We Entreat

Well, family reunion was fun. It was held at a camp nearby Sylvan Lake. I'd never been to Sylvan before, and while I didn't really do anything in the town, driving through it it looked really nice. Definitely someplace I'll have to get back to at some point.

The actual reunion was held at this camp called Kuriakos. I know it's Greek, but I don't know what it means (I suppose only one year of introductory Ancient Greek will do that to you). All in all it was a fun weekend.

When I got home, I was able to watch a rebroadcast of the Tri-Nations match between the All Blacks and the Springboks. It was a really good match. While the All Blacks dominated in territory and possession, the Boks basically had the lead until 30 seconds left, when Doug Howlett scored a try after an attack that lasted 15 phases (!). 23-21 All Blacks (Spencer missed the conversion). It's always exciting watching New Zealand play South Africa, though I must admit I'm a little more torn after having been to South Africa. On the bright side, based on the last couple of matches, the boks should work the Aussies next week.

On a quasi-related note, my Springboks jersey is now out of date. I have a Nike one, with Castle Lager sponsorship. The jerseys are now made by Canterbury (ironically, Canterbury of New Zealand now produces the jerseys for South Africa and Australia, among others, but not New Zealand). As well, after the Tri-Nations, the jersey sponsor for the boks will be Sasol. I think that's kind of unfortunate, as the Castle Lager on the front of the jersey was one of the few "advertisements on sports jerseys" that I thought looked good (not a fan of the vodafone on the front of the Wallabies jerseys, or the O2 on the England ones). At any rate, I'm not sure what the Sasol ones will look like, but it probably won't be as nice as the Castle Lager ones. Pity.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dunkler said...

What of the Steinlager of old?
I must admit I don't like the adidas logo

8:15 a.m.  
Blogger Kyle said...

I agree that the Steinlager All Black jersey was the best, however the Adidas one isn't as objectionable as it could be, since the jersey still looks cleaner. If there were the name of some cell phone company plastered on the front, I think that would look alot worse.

1:56 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home