Thursday, October 06, 2005

It's Back!

I realised today that this blog has not been active while there has been NHL Hockey. It's been that long. Glad to see that Oilers pull it out (and the Flames lose). Hopefully Horcoff's production tonight is a sign of things to come.

On the other major Edmonton sports team, I like the trade. Comiskey shores up our O-line, and Davis is a proven back (though, I'll point out that with the amount we've been attempting to run the ball it wouldn't matter if we had George Reed back there). At the same time, we have sufficient Canadian and receiving depth so that we can afford to give up Brock Ralph, and Tay Cody wasn't really breaking into the lineup anyways. All in all, I think we came out ok from this one.

In other news, I opted out of AP!RG yesterday. I have now successfully opted out for every semester that I've been able to. I highly recommend it, it's quite the empowering experience.

On to the football games for this week:

Hamilton and Ottawa
This is a tough one. In spite of what they showed last week, Hamilton is still not a very good football team. At the same time, right now neither is Ottawa. Momentum is telling me to go with Hamilton, but I've been traditionally overly generous with Ottawa, and I see no need to stop that now.

Montreal and Saskatchewan
Ah yes, the "hottest team in the league". With the additional storyling of Marcus Crandell facing the coach who "didn't give him a chance" in Edmonton. Well, sorry Rider fans, but midnight has to come some time and I'm saying it's this week. Saskatchewan has been playing very well as of late, but Montreal is also starting to put things together. While the Riders will have the home field advantage, and still have the prospect of a home playoff game, I'm still going with Montreal to come out with the win.

Edmonton and Toronto

You know, by all accounts I should be picking the Eskimos to lose this week. However, I recall them turning it on last Thanksgiving against a Montreal team that should have beaten them (I think they may have been coming off a loss then too). As well, this team for the past little while has had an annoying tendency to come up big against big opponents. With the new additions to the O-line and running game, I'm counting on the Eskimos emerging with the win.

B.C. and Winnipeg

Well, as fun as it's been to watch the Lions lose the past couple of weeks, all good things must come to an end. Winnipeg has been tough to figure. As well, I haven't gotten an injury update on Dave Dickensen. Regardless, even with Buck Pierce at the helm, I'm thinking that the Lions should be able to take care of Winnipeg.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home