Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Running For The Cure

As the title indicates, I shall be running for the cure on October 1. I'd encourage charitable readers to donate in my name.

Well, I didn't do the picks last week (apart from my pick from the week before in the B.C. Montreal game), and we saw what happened. I'll not let that happen again (I'm aware that my making or not making picks on the internet does not cause Ricky Ray to fumble in the last minute, but as I'm sure many of you have guessed by now, I'm a very superstitious person).

Hamilton and Edmonton: I'm not sure what to say about what happened last week, apart from the fact that they seem to be finding new ways to lose games that they should win. I'm a little concerned that Jesse Lumsden will be starting on Friday. At the same time, while A.J. Gass was fined for his actions in the altercation at the end, he should still play. As well, if this season has shown anything it's that Edmonton is a different team at home.

Toronto and Calgary: This is an interesting one. Calgary bounced back well after looking rather bad in Edmonton the previous week. Toronto is coming off a game against Hamilton that was much closer than it should have been. Something just tells me that Calgary is probably going to win this one.

Winnipeg and Montreal: Montreal is probably the team that's the hardest to make sense of, apart from maybe Edmonton. The much vaunted offensive line leaked 12 sacks last week. Winnipeg seems to have come down to earth a bit after a strong start to the season. They should bounce back this week. If I keep picking Montreal every week, eventually I should be right. That being said, I think the addition of Derick Armstrong, as another solid receiving threat, should put Winnipeg over the top in this game.

B.C. and Saskatchewan: I admittedly have a rather large vested interest in the outcome of this game. Saskatchewan tends to do well against B.C. However, the Lions are on a real roll right now. I'm saying that B.C. gives Edmonton a big hand, and knocks off Saskatchewan.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, I just got a free $500.00 Gift Card. you can redeem yours at Abercrombie & Fitch All you have to do to get yours is Click Here to get a $500 free gift card for your backtoschool wardrobe. Or maybe not.

How was the run? I heard you saw my brother

11:42 a.m.  
Blogger Kyle said...

The run was good times. I may not be in the same shape I was a year ago, but apparently I'm still ok to run 5k.

10:54 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home