Tuesday, October 25, 2005

The Round Table

It's been an eventful couple of weeks. Welcomed Spencer from out of town last week. Karaoke in RATT was a tad low-key, but it still made for a fun evening.

Today I hit up the Faculty Club with Senator Kotovych and a couple of other classmates. That's really a swank joint. As well, the bartender there is clearly the best in the city. The party discussed making this a regular sort of event, I could definitely go for that.

Having thought about it for a while, I don't agree with Trump's reasoning for firing Kristi. While either one of them could have gone, I think that Jennifer M. more clearly contributed to the loss that week. Additionally, if he was going to change up the teams anyways (which he sort of implied at the end) "the rest of them can't work with her" doesn't hold as much water as a justification. At any rate, I'm looking forward to this week's episode.

Football:

Hamilton and Toronto
A week ago, I would have said that Montreal is going to be the team coming out of the East. No more. Toronto has just been taking it to teams, and that's not going to stop this week. Kevin Eakin had a strong debut, but he's not playing Ottawa this week. Toronto by a bunch.

B.C. and Edmonton

This should be the game of the week, and should go a long ways towards determining first in the west. B.C. seems to have turned things around, with two strong performances in a row. As well, Edmonton is coming off a bit of a mediocre performance, and a bye. I'm curious to see who starts for the Lions (we've beaten Dickensen this year, but not Printers). Regardless, I'd be remiss if I didn't pick Edmonton.

Montreal and Ottawa

Poor Ottawa. At times this year, they've really shown promise. However, I think this game marks the end of their slim playoff hopes. They have the misfortune of playing Montreal the week after an embarassing loss. While I don't think that they can be considered the top team in the East anymore, Montreal is still strong and should be more than capable of disposing of Ottawa this week.

Calgary and Winnipeg

You know, I really hate the Stampeders. That being said, after last week I don't really have any choice in this one. Calgary, as they've done all year, made good adjustments at half time. Winnipeg folded. Calgary should win this one.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:57 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:58 a.m.  
Blogger Kyle said...

Those look to me like ads, and I ain't got paid.

12:50 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home