Sunday, October 30, 2005

Life Continues

Halloween party on Thursday was a lot of fun. I always enjoy The Druid, and there were a lot of very creative costumes. My two favourites were one person dressed up as a professor, as well as another dressed as a Survivor contestant (complete with a knife in the back).

Speaking of reality television, I thought that Thursday's Apprentice (which I of course taped) was wonderful. Though, I'd never even heard of Dick's Sporting Goods prior to the episode. It's funny, as when they picked the teams I thought that it was the other team that was going to lose. Between taking on Markus and Clay, and getting rid of Rebecca and Marshawn, it looked to me like a mismatch. But wow. The fact that Capital Edge didn't have anyone that knew anything about sports either made it worse. One could make the argument that this is the biggest embarassment in reality tv since Gervase stomped Kelly in the canoeing challenge in season one of Survivor (how's that for a blast from the past?).

Anyways, as cool as it was to see all 4 get fired, I think that may have been a bit of overkill. I'm not sure that Mark really deserved to get fired, as he was just doing what he was supposed to be doing (working the ball machine). Though, I suppose one could argue that he was living on borrowed time after not getting brought into the boardroom in week 2 after the Lamborghini task. Even James was borderline, though he deserves some blame for the batting cage idea. The other two both deserved to go though.

Jennifer talked big, then didn't perform. As well, I don't think arguing with Trump when he was explaining what everyone did wrong helped her stock (though, by that point the decision was likely made that at least she was going) . Bill and Carolyn also wanted her gone last week, so clearly she was already on thin ice.

I had Josh pegged as a competitive player early on, but he clearly blew it on this one. Worse, he seemed to fall into the trap of thinking he was on Survivor by deciding he was going to just bring in Jennifer (apparently he wasn't paying attention when Chris just brought in Markus). Luckily, Trump didn't let it get to that stage. He also seemed far too smug for someone that had lost a task that badly.

At any rate, I'm excited for next episode to see whether they had to have Rhona call up and warn all the others waiting up that no one would be coming back. That, and how the new teams get re-shuffled.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:33 a.m.  
Blogger Heather said...

In Kelly's defense, she is (was?) a river raft guide and they were paddling in still water. I don't know why I'm defending her. Never liked her much.

12:05 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home